Opinion of Kingman's Performance

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rocked in Colorado and other stuff

The First Road Trip
So it’s disappointing to drop two in a row at Denver against the Rockies.  You never like to lose to a top division rival.  However, I was encouraged by a few things in today’s loss.  
First being that that the offense stepped up today.  The Dodgers had some comeback spirit in them today and Furcal being robbed in the ninth by Carlos Gonzales was a disappointment, but it was nice to see some fire in their offense and an attempted comeback.   
Additionally it was a great sign to see the bullpen give the club the opportunity to get back in the game.  Following the Tulowitski homer off of Hawksworth, Jansen and Guerrier provided 4 innings of 1-hit, shut out ball.  Many consider the bullpen being a major problem with the Dodgers following the opening series.  Well, it stepped up today and held serve.
If this club can get through the first month of the season above .500 after a number of  tough series’ against S.F., Colorado, St. Louis, San Diego, Atlanta, and Florida, then I’ll be very encouraged.
On to Petco to take on the Pawdres!
****************************************************
On the Assault

I have been approached to give my opinion on the tragic situation of the Dodger Stadium parking lot assault on opening day because of a personal experience of a family member that was assaulted after a game in San Francisco in 2004.  Due to the personal nature of the event, I have refrained from addressing it, but I am reconsidering.
Let me just say that my heart goes out to Mr. Bryan Stow and his family.  As one that waited patiently for perpetrators of a similar attack to be caught 7 years ago, I must say that anyone that has any information should come forward.  Even if the information is thought to be insignificant, please come forward.  It is the piecing together of everything that catches the thugs in the end.
*****************************************************
A Big Thank You to Everyone

I started this blog on December 22, 2010.  It was a release more than anything.  An opportunity to be creative and vent my ideas through the blogosphere.  With some help from famous Dodger bloggers like Roberto Baly, (Vin Scully is my home boy), Howard Cole (Baseball Savvy and now the OC Register Dodgers Blog) and Jon Weisman (Dodger Thoughts - ESPN LA), my readership picked up and with it came the pressure of putting out a quality product.
So, here is my problem.  This is really a part-time thing for me.  I have a full-time, 60 hour/week job in a high stress work environment.  It’s a real job that pays the mortgage, the college tuitions, buys the grandkids birthday gifts, puts food on the table, etc.   As OKP has picked up in popularity, it seems I have less and less time to dedicate to the page.  I thought that as baseball season arrived, the blog would be easier to keep up with, but now with so much news out there, putting out a quality piece day after day has seemed to be more difficult.
To my readers that follow me daily, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And I apologize for what is sometimes an inferior product.  I highly recommend those sites listed to the right of the blogs that I follow.  I am humbled that the OC Register included this blog in the Honorable Mention category for Dodger News.  


As much as I’d love to be considered a key source for Dodger News, I must say that there are so many other locations that will give readers a much clearer and accurate picture of Dodger baseball than I.  I’m just a fan that pounds out my ideas on my Macbook almost daily.

Thank you to Howard Cole at the Orange County Register's Dodger Blog (and Baseball Savvy) for the recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment