Opinion of Kingman's Performance

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Guilty as Charged

I hate to say it, but I think I’m starting to think like a Giants fan.

You see, for years I never understood Jint fan fascination and total glee in watching the Dodgers lose.  I always viewed it as more proof of them suffering from an acute inferiority complex.  I never really got excited about Giant losses, nor did I pay too much attention to them unless we were in a  pennant race with them.

Sure, I’d joke and say that I rooted for two teams each night.  “The Dodgers and whoever was playing the Giants,” I’d say,  but that wasn’t serious talk.  I really didn’t pay much attention to the halloween colored foes.  But something changed.
The Giants won it all.  With that World Series victory, their fan base not only has gotten cocky, they are downright obnoxious.  Obnoxious in a Yankee/Red Sox vein.  Something I never experienced before up here.  The Dodgers are scoffed at with an attitude.  Their hatred for the Dodgers still exists, but I have actually heard some of their fans pity the Dodgers and their troubles.  There is nothing worse than getting pity from a Giants fan.  That has irked me.

A common scene with San Francisco Giant fans this past year
So what has resulted this year for me is unprecedented disdain for the Giants.  I REALLY root for them to lose and I get almost as much joy out of their losses as I do Dodger wins.  In fact, at this moment I’m watching the Giants trail 3-1 in the 8th inning against the Double A Houston Astros and I’m really enjoying it.
A Giant loss tonight puts them a mere 7 ahead of the Dodgers.  With two series left against them, I say they’re catchable.  That my friends, would make September a real enjoyable month of baseball to watch.

Is this Giant fan kid upset about the score?  Nah, he dropped a foul ball and the smiling lady in front of him got it.

*************************************************************

There's a  very interesting article on McCourt and the Bryan Stow fallback in Sports Illustrated.

************************************************************

I'm not sure who was more excited, my 22 year old son who gave me this late birthday gift today, or me, the recipient.  This is one sweet leather jacket.

Very cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment