|Giant Right Fielder Aubrey Huff is really having some problems|
- The starting pitching of Kershaw, Billingsley and Kuroda. They look good and Kershaw is my pick for the Cy Young award this year.
- The aggressiveness of the team overall on the base paths. Whether it is Don Mattingly's style or the influence of Davey Lopes, it is a noticeable positive change. Guys are leaving the batters box with the thought of stretching singles into doubles. Everyone appears to be hustling. It is a great thing to see.
- The most obvious positive this far is the torrid start of Matt Kemp. He is hitting .417 and is playing out of his mind with a new determination. He is obviously a man on a mission. Last year, that speed he had that used to beat out ground balls wasn't there. It looks to me that it has returned this year.
- Tony Gwynn in the starting line up batting second. I hope that Mattingly slides him into that slot a few times on the road trip. With Furcal and Gwynn on the top, I see a track meet in the works there.
- Blake Hawksworth threw some nasty stuff in his outing. He was being pinched by the plate umpire. Striking our Posey in that situation with the bases loaded was absolutely clutch.